Residential Landscaping Design Process

"One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

our landscape design process


Initial Client Meeting

We meet at your home or virtually to brainstorm landscape design ideas, discuss possibilities and outline rough budgets. We’ll discuss your needs and vision, how you want to use the space and what your expectations are — from the project and from us.


Site Mapping/Concept Sketch

Once we have a good idea of where to start, we will survey your property with measurements and photographs of the appropriate areas to draw a base plan. Once this is completed, we sketch out possible concept ideas, as well as a preliminary plant selection and budget for your review.


Client Review

At the second meeting, the designer virtually presents the client with the preliminary idea laid out in an easy to visualize format. This is a great opportunity to align ideas and budget closer to delivering the client’s dream.


Finalize Design

A final detailed drawing is completed and presented to the client for final approval. In this stage, we can make any last changes before moving forward. Once the landscape plan and purchase order is finalized, we provide you with a copy for your records. A 30% down payment is required to start the installation, while the remaining 70% is due upon project completion.



The installation process will begin promptly after approval, starting with the rough grade of the property, followed by landscape, hardscape, irrigation, and lighting. Lastly, we plant as required per plan and purchase agreement.



Upon completion, we require the remaining balance to be paid in full. The production manager or sales rep will walk you through your new outdoor retreat answering any last minute questions you may have, while showing you how to maintain your new landscape. Customer satisfaction is our goal as we leave your landscape with the Hermes touch.

Design tools